Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter and Blessing Day!

On Easter Sunday MaKenna was blessed. It was such a beautiful day outside, which made it a more beautiful day. The dress MaKenna wore was this very pretty crocheted dress. It has little pearls all around it. It was so pretty. Thanks April, for letting us borrow it!
The blessing was amazing. I am more and more grateful for Dave each day. He is such a great dad and an amazing husband. The blessing was so perfect for MaKenna. I wrote down some items that he said during the blessing but one that I really liked was that he blessed that MaKenna and I will be best friends and stay close to each other. I already consider MaKenna my besty and hope it stays that way!!
For the blessing circle the guys who stood in were: Dave, Grandpa Wilkins, Grandpa Neal, Uncle Mike Telford, Uncle Adam Starker, Kevin Davis, Tim McReavy, Jess Baldwin, Brock Hunsaker and Dallas Dorton. Jesse White was supposed to be in the circle as well but they were late. I guess Preston, their little guy had a potty issue. hahah! Our ward starts at 1pm in the dot. No "mormon standard time" in our ward!! So we had a few people show up late. :)
After the blessing we went to my parents house for food. It was all tasty. My mother did a great job getting everything ready for it. There was more than enuf food. I loved especially that the food served wasn't sandwiches! It was BBQ Chicken wings! Not your typical Mormon get together food.
The Neal's had family in town from California. It was really great seeing them again and it made MaKenna's blessing day all the more special. It is wonderful to have family that we are close to. I think having a close family bond makes life a little more wonderful and worth while.
Thanks for all of those who came to MaKenna's blessing and who helped out! Its crazy to think I am at that point in my life where we have blessed our child. They say, "time flies when you are having fun!"

1 comments:

Neal Family said...

Hey Julie, I love the new blog background. How is Makenna feeling?