Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Locked OUT!

So two nights ago I locked myself out of the house. I hate when that happens..BUT its worse when your baby is inside SLEEPING! AH! I literally had to chase down my brother and sister in law down the driveway to see if they had a key to get into my house. They tried calling Dave to see where he was and no answer... called my in laws but they didnt have a spare key. Penny remembered that there was a spare key hidden just in case this happened. YES!!! So after about 5 minutes (felt like an eternity) I was in my house looking at MaKenna sound asleep. I really almost was in tears because it scared me so bad. Within 5 minutes of being back in the house MaKenna woke up and I as so glad to be there for her. The craziest part is what if I didn't catch my bro in law driving off... I would have been locked out for 45 minutes! When Dave got home I told him all about it... Gosh was I glad Penny saved the day!

3 comments:

Webb said...

I hear in times of desperation mothers have been known to be able to break single (even double) pane glass windows in a single throw of a rock or other hard object. You're part Chilean, you're resourceful... I'm sure you would have found a way in... eventually. :)

Glad everything turned out ok for you! I gave a spare key to our neighbors (who also happen to be my brother's-in-law brother and his wife, for just such an occasion. :)

The Starkers said...

Oh, no!! I would have freaked!! Come, swimming!!

Mitzi said...

Are you serious? Lol sad! Kenna is all inside alone.