Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Grrr....

I have had 2 baby showers for our little girl, which have been awesome!! I received great baby items. I even received the same pair of baby shoes 3 times!! haha... Anyways, to make a long story short, I went today to Target to go exchange those cute little shoes and other items for a gift card so I could get some other baby stuff I still need. I walk up to the counter and the lady told me I needed to print off my baby registry. So I go print it off and waited in line again to try to return the items and get a gift card. So finally it is my turn again and the lady (new lady) didn't know why I printed off my registry. So I told her the other lady asked me to print it off. I explained to the lady that I received items that weren't on my registry and only one that was. The original lady heard me telling the new lady my situation and got all upset and told me I cant return my items without a receipt. I know I cant return any of the items without a receipt and I would have brought one had I received gift receipts. So now what do you do with duplicate shoes and other items you didn't register for? I tried to find the shoes online to register for them and no luck.
So if anyone has a suggestion as to what I should do please help! Oh and yes, I did contact two of the people that got me the shoes and they don't know where they have placed their receipts...

14 comments:

Amy Dayton said...

I actually heard from a friend recently how awful Target's new return policy is. It is so lame! If you can see they carry the item, and you are willing to trade it for store credit, what is the problem?? I usually love Target, but I gotta protest this one!

Megan said...

We had problems with Targets return policy when we registered for our wedding. What a joke! I would suggest keeping them and giving them to one of your friends for their baby shower if they are having a girl. Just a suggestion.

Whitney Renee said...

we did that for our wedding and they gave us store credit. Try it again hopefully you'll get other people

heather telford photography said...

I hate target... we didn't register there for that reason they are awful about returns.. good luck there is always ksl or ebay!!

Anonymous said...

Yep, they suck at returns. They changed the policy like right around the time we got married. We luckily exchanged a ton of stuff before that, but I think with one or two more items we tried later they wouldn't let us. The jerks.

Julie Neal said...

Thanks for the suggestions!! I went again and got the nicest person and gave me store credit no problem!! YIPPY!

Anonymous said...

Oh man that is a pain. We had a ton of problems there with our wedding registry. I love target but their returns are outta control.
If all else fails save them to give to a friend as a gift for their baby :)

Webb said...

Another suggestion is to just return your stuff to Nordstrum... even if you don't buy it there, they'll at least give you store credit for it! I think my wife was telling me someone returned an old car tire there just to see if they'd take it, and I guess they did. BEST return policy ever!!

Matt. Tara. Addi. Roslyn. said...

Lame. I hate Targets stupid return policy. We had so many problems with our wedding registry. One time I returned something without a receipt or anything and this cute little teenage boy was working and he returned it for me! Maybe look for him! LOL How is the pregnancy going anyway?

Shannon Mariner said...

I REFUSE to shop at Target because of that exact reason! How annoying!!! I would suggest to see if there's any other store that has the same shoes...(wal mart or any other store) then see if they will take them back. I don't understand target and their return policy it's ridiculous!

Mindy Rasmusen said...

Hey Julie can you tell me how to make those cute tutus u made for Edyn? Cambri is in dance and i wanted to make her some!
Thnx

Jared West said...

Hey Dave and Julie! Julie I haven't met you but I am a friend of Dave's from high school. Congratulations on the little one on the way. That is so exciting!! You are a darling TINY pregnant girl! So Jealous!! Congrats!

Mindy Rasmusen said...

I am trying to make a bunch of tutus for cam for dance and then my sister in law is having a baby so i was planning on trying to make that gorgeous two tier diaper cake for her. If you dont mind showing me how to make both that would be great. I was thinking of making it this weekend cause the Dr says she might have her baby by then. Are you available Sat. If not you can just e mail me the instructions for the cake. I found a tutorial on how to make the tutus online but just wasnt sure how to do two colors at once and am clueless on how to do the diaper cake

lindsay said...

target is the WORST at returns!!! word to the wise... ALWAYS put a gift reciept on a baby or wedding gift!